Fiberglass swimming pools have gained much more popularity with home owners in recent years. Much of this has to do with the technological advancements in both the structural and the aesthetic quality of fiberglass pools. These advancements have made fiberglass pools a feasible option today compared to concrete and the more popular steel and vinyl pool construction. Fiberglass pools are built to withstand drastic temperature changes and resist freeze-thaw climates.
Fiberglass Pool Construction
Fiberglass pool construction is simply a one-piece water tight shell manufactured off site in a controlled environment. The state-of-the-art four-layer construction begins with durable, high-polished material. The primary application of Gel Coat is applied to give the pool a gorgeous, non-porous finish. This smooth finish is non-abrasive to the skin and swim wear and is resistant to algae versus other types of pools. The non-porous finish resists the problems associated with unbalanced water chemistry, requiring less chemical maintenance, labor, and electricity, saving you time and money. The second layer is made of Vinyl Ester Resin, which is combined with fiberglass to provide the greatest impact resistance and optimum blister protection available. This formula is the benchmark of the fiberglass pool industry. In the heart of every pool is an exclusive ceramic core layer that adds a greater strength to the pool walls and provides enhanced water resistance. The final stage is a specially designed resin and hand laid fiberglass.
Of the many fiberglass pools being manufactured today, Backyard Retreat Pools and Landscapes is proud to have partnered with the leaders in the industry; Dolphin Fiberglass Pools and Barrier Reef Pools.
ADVANTAGES OF FIBERGLASS POOLS
- More aesthetically appealing …looks like a concrete pool when installed
- No liner to replace
- Quicker installation…less mess…be swimming sooner
- Fiberglass shell is a better insulator therefore less cost to heat
- Smooth surface results in less algae potential and less chemical consumption
- Built-in steps and benches
NOT ALL FIBERGLASS POOLS ARE MADE TO THE SAME QUALITY
Backyard Retreat only uses fiberglass pools from Dolphin Fiberglass Pools and Barrier Reef Pools. Both are made of the highest quality and are a couple of the most reputable fiberglass pool manufacturers in the world. This provides you the security of industry leaders behind your installation.
Fiberglass Pool Installation
- The pool layout is carefully marked for precision.
- The dig begins the process for perfection.
- The hole is carefully prepared to achieve the proper shape and depth.
- The pool is set in place.
- The pool is now filled with water and the backfill process begins.
- The proper plumbing and electrical equipment is installed.
- The concrete is poured around the pool.
- Your lifetime guaranteed Dolphin pool is ready for years of enjoyment.
Fiberglass Pool Shapes
(click company logo below to view)